Not a singnificant source of Dietary fibre, vitamin A & C and iron
Sumul Skimmed Milk Dahi
Once called the food of the gods in India, Dahi has been linked too much folk-lore. It has been regarded as a cure for insomnia, a wrinkle remover, a medicine, and even a fountain of youth. Dahi is a nutritional, low-calorie health food. It is a semi fluid fermented milk food with a smooth texture and a mildly sour flavor Dahi.
10 Reasons - Sumul Skimmed Milk Dahi is the Top Health Food
01. Sumul skimmed milk dahi is easier to digest than milk. Many people, who cannot tolerate milk, either because of protein allergy or lactose intolerance, can enjoy SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI. The culturing process makes SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI more digestible than milk. The live active cultures create lactase, the enzyme lactose-intolerant people lack, and another enzyme contained in some SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI (beta-galactosidase) also helps improve lactose absorption in lactase-deficient persons. Bacterial enzymes created by the culturing process, partially digest the milk protein casein, making it easier to absorb and less allergenic. We have observed that children who cannot tolerate milk can often eat SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI without any intestinal upset. DAHI has less lactose than milk. The culturing process has already broken down the milk sugar lactose into glucose and galactose, two sugars that are easily absorbed by lactose-intolerant persons.
02. Sumul skimmed milk dahi contributes to colon health. There's a medical truism that states: "You're only as healthy as your colon." When eating SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI, you care for your colon in two ways. First, SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI contains lactobacteria, intestines-friendly bacterial cultures that foster a healthy colon, and even lower the risk of colon cancer. Lactobacteria, especially acidophilus, promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the colon and reduces the conversion of bile into carcinogenic bile acids. The more of these intestines-friendly bacteria that are present in your colon, the lower the chance of colon diseases. Basically, the friendly bacteria in SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI seems to deactivate harmful substances (such as nitrates and nitrites before they are converted to nitrosamines) before they can become carcinogenic. Secondly, SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI is a rich source of calcium - a mineral that contributes to colon health and decreases the risk of colon cancer. Calcium discourages excess growth of the cells lining the colon, which can place a person at high risk for colon cancer. Calcium also binds cancer-producing bile acids and keeps them from irritating the colon wall. People that have diets high in calcium have lower rates of colorectal cancer. One study showed that an average intake of 1,200 milligrams of calcium a day is associated with a 75 percent reduction of colorectal cancer.
03. Sumul skimmed milk dahi improves the bioavailability of other nutrients. Culturing of SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI increases the absorption of calcium and B-vitamins. The lactic acid in the SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI aids in the digestion of the milk calcium, making it easier to absorb.
04. Sumul skimmed milk dahi can boost immunity. The bacterial cultures in SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI have also been shown to stimulate infection-fighting white cells in the bloodstream.
Good for Young and Old
Sumul skimmed milk dahi is a valuable health food for both infants and elderly persons. For children, it is a balanced source of protein, fats, carbohydrates, and minerals in a texture that kids love. For senior citizens, who usually have more sensitive colons or whose intestines have run out of lactase, SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI is also a valuable food. Elderly intestines showed declining levels of bifidus bacteria, which allow the growth of toxin-producing and, perhaps, cancer-causing bacteria.
05. Sumul skimmed milk dahi aids healing after intestinal infections. Some viral and allergic gastrointestinal disorders injure the lining of the intestines, especially the cells that produce lactase. This results in temporary lactose malabsorption problems. This is why children often cannot tolerate milk for a month or two after an intestinal infection. SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI, however, because it contains less lactose and more lactase, is usually well-tolerated by healing intestines and is a popular "healing food" for diarrhea. Many pediatricians recommend SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI for children suffering from various forms of indigestion. Research shows that children recover faster from diarrhea when eating SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI. It's good to eat SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI while taking antibiotics. The SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI will minimize the effects of the antibiotic on the friendly bacteria in the intestines.
A Chaser for Antibiotics Antibiotics kill not only harmful bacteria; they also kill the healthy ones in the intestines. The live bacterial cultures in SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI can help replenish the intestines with helpful bacteria before the harmful ones take over. We usually "prescribe" a daily dose of SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI while a person is taking antibiotics and for two weeks thereafter.
06. Sumul skimmed milk dahi can decrease yeast infections. Research has shown that eating eight ounces of SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI that contains live and active cultures daily reduces the amount of yeast colonies in the vagina and decreases the incidence of vaginal yeast infections.
07. Sumul skimmed milk dahi a rich source of calcium. An 8-ounce serving of most SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHIs provides 450 mg. of calcium, one-half of a child's RDA(Recommended Dietary Allowances)30 to 40 percent of the adult RDA for calcium. Because the live-active cultures in SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI increase the absorption of calcium, an 8-ounce serving of SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI gets more calcium into the body than the same volume of milk can.
08. Sumul skimmed milk dahi is an excellent source of protein. Plain SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI contains around ten to fourteen grams of protein per eight ounces, which amounts to twenty percent of the daily protein requirement for most persons. In fact, eight ounces of SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI that contains live and active cultures, contains 20 percent more protein than the same volume of milk (10 grams versus 8 grams). Besides being a rich source of proteins, the culturing of the milk proteins during fermentation makes these proteins easier to digest. For this reason, the proteins in SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI are often called "predigested."
09. Sumul skimmed milk dahi can lower cholesterol. There are a few studies that have shown that SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI can reduce the blood cholesterol. This may be because the live cultures in SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI can assimilate the cholesterol or because SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI binds bile acids, (which has also been shown to lower cholesterol), or both.
10. Sumul skimmed milk dahi is a "grow food." Two nutritional properties of SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI may help children with intestinal absorption problems grow: the easier digestibility of the proteins and the fact that the lactic acid in SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI increases the absorption of minerals. And even most picky-eaters will eat SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI in dips and smoothies and as a topping.
Perhaps we can take a health tip about SUMUL SKIMMED MILK DAHI cultures from cultures who consume a lot of DAHI(in Yogurt form), such as the Bulgarians who are noted for their longer lifespan and remain in good health well into old age.